Barry Gold

Default Seeking help on terms with real estate agent

Matt wrote:
[much snipped]
[START QUOTE]
I have set up the MLS search for you, set up appointments,
accompanied you on showings, and offered you my professional advice.
[END QUOTE]

All of which is worth exactly $0 if you didn't buy any of the
properties he sold you. The only service he provided that is
worth something is the appraisal on the original, FSBO property.
And if all he did was provide the usual "comparative analysis", that
too is worth $0. Agents give that service for free as a means of
attracting business.

I'll repeat. I think your $1000 figure is more than fair.
--
I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America, and
to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples, promising