frankg

Default Seeking help on terms with real estate agent

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:25:05 -0500, Andrew White wrote:

"bat" wrote:

I'm also surprised that you make that arrangement at all. In Illinois the
buyer usually does not pay the agent anything, it's the seller who does
(through his agent, sho shares the commission).

You misunderstand him. He feels he's entitled to getting the buyer's
agent's comission himself. When I find a property and do ALL of the
buying work myself, I can ask one of my friends who has a real estate
license to "serve" as my agent. All they do in this case is collect
the agent's comission and pass it entirely on to me. I then take them
to a very nice dinner.

You should do better than that considering he has to report it as
income on HIS tax return.