Matt

Default Seeking help on terms with real estate agent

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 02:50:43 GMT,
I wrote:
I am trying to settle a relationship with a real-estate agent I have
employed....

Here is an excerpt from an email that my agent sent me on Jan 27,
2004. I do this for fairness purposes and I hope that I am not
violating any privacy issues:

[START QUOTE]
When you first contacted me, I told you that I could come out and see
the unit and appraise it for $300. I aslo said that I could negotiate
a contract for you at that time for $1000. Since then i have helped
you learn the market values of smilar units in the area and what is
needed to best position yourself for resale purposes. I have set up
the MLS search for you, set up appointments, accompanied you on
showings, and offered you my professional advice. Helping you through
the contract and getting you a highly qualified inspector, attorney
and any trades men in the future is also included. If you feel that
that doen't justify 1/2 of what I typically earn for this service, I
would like to know what you do feel it is worth.
[END QUOTE]

Note that I have declined all offers for him to help me with contract
negotiations, inspector acquisition, attorney acquisition, and trades
men acquisitoin. A formal appraisal also was not done for the initial
property (the one I plan to buy).

This stuff he has done is summarized by:

[START QUOTE]
I have set up the MLS search for you, set up appointments,
accompanied you on showings, and offered you my professional advice.
[END QUOTE]

....which is an excerpt from the above quote.

-Matt
--
Remove the obvious text (including the dash) to email me.