Shawn \Me\ Hearn

Default Seeking help on terms with real estate agent

In article ,
Matt wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to settle a relationship with a real-estate agent I have
employed. I am buying a property that he (my agent) did not originally
show me. I am trying to decide what to pay him. Any advice or
perspective is appreciated, particularly if you or someone you know
has had experience dealing with a similar situation and you knew the
outcome of that scenario.

More details:

Let's see, where to start...

My real-estate agent wants 1.25% of commission (half of his typical
2.5%) on a $235,000 property in Chicago, IL, USA that I plan to buy
that he did not find for me (I found it on my own).

Did you sign an agreement with the agent? What's the agreement say?
I suspect you have no legal obligation to pay your real estate agent one
dime if you have found a house to buy without the agent's help.