doubter

Default Seeking help on terms with real estate agent

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 02:50:43 GMT, Matt
wrote:

My real-estate agent wants 1.25% of commission (half of his typical
2.5%) on a $235,000 property in Chicago, IL, USA that I plan to buy
that he did not find for me (I found it on my own). This works out to
be $2937. This is significantly more then I expected to pay per our
"gentlemen's agreement" I detail below.

You sure don't know how to sort out relevant facts. What you did two
years ago or what friends told you or what the price was then or is now,
etc have nothing to do with your question. Get to the issues man.

What did you sign? In real estate the only pertinent conditions are those
in writing and signed by both parties. So what did you agree to do in
writing?