David F. Eisan

Default cordless drills - Panasonic or Makita NIMH

Hello there,

I have two of the new Makita NiMH 12v Evolution cordless drill/drivers. I
considered Metabo or Fein but neither have a right angle drill. I bought the
Makita 12v's because Makita has a 12v right angle NiMH drill as well. The
way I bought them was I ended up with two chargers, 5 batteries and three
cordless drills, just what I wanted.

Makita has a switch to change from drill to drive, disengages the clutch
without have to spin the nose all the way from the current torque setting to
drill. It also has a racheting chuck that I have never had slip.

I must say that the RA drill has been totally indispensable in building my
parents kitchen. The Makita 12v has more torque than a DW 18v. I wanted the
lighter weight, and again, the RA drill to have the same batteries and
charger as my main cordless drills. If it drives a #10 screw clean through a
2x4, how much more torque do you really need?

I am very happy with my Makita's.

David.