Machineman

Default E-Z Change Bench grinder wheels

Lee Valley Tools make an balancing arbor for use on a regular grinder.
kit includes a ball bearing balancing setup.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...rency=1&S ID=

Jon Anderson wrote:
Gerald Miller wrote:

IIRC there was an article in Home Shop Machinist many years ago
where the author had built a grinder head with a collet to grip
stub shafts carrying the individual wheels.

Indeed there was, used 5C collet. I built one myself using the spindle
out of a cheapo 5C spin indexer. Forget the bearings used, but by happy
chance, the OD was a slight press fit into standard bearings. I machined
an aluminum housing for the bearings.
I use this for wire wheels, scotchbrite, and nylon abrasive bristle
wheels, haven't gotten around to trying it with grinding wheels, but it
ought to work fine.

Jon

--
James P Crombie