IMM

Default URGENT Leaking hot water cylinder (pressurised) HELP

RJ wrote:

"IMM" wrote in message news:btp98a$937

Replace it with a heat bank. They operate at low pressures. Forget an
unvented cylinder.

If the cylinder needs replacing - then I guess that is a reasonable
idea. However I've read that these [may] need descaling every couple
of years or so - and hence the running costs are very expensive?

Install a water softener - a proper one - and forget de-scaling.

Without getting onvolved in heatbanks, I had the opportunity to
completely design HW and CH for the new house.

The numbers of baths and showers really
meant that combi/heatbank looked
more expensive than a smaller boiler
(hate wasting space) driving a
mains pressure system.

I don't think you loked hard enough.

Plus if I ran out of oil, I could immersion heat
the HW.

Heat banks can have immersions too.

If you have to start ripping stuff out, I'd strongly recommend you fit a
new pressurised tank,

Forget this idea.

---