Adam Aglionby

Default low voltage dimmer question

"ddwyer" wrote in message
In article , Adam
Aglionby writes

In the U.K. haven`t seen an electronic LV lighting transformer that

dosen`t
say `dimmable` in years.Wether its from a big name or a lower cost
import.Pretty much all ETs are dimmable by a cheap wall plate dimmer

here.
However Ive never suceeded is getting a system to operate.
My kitchen has (had) two adjacent dimmers each driving 5 X 20W 12 V
electronic transformers.

Was there enough minimum load for the dimmer, try different barnd of dimmer?

The dimmers inter-reacted and oscillated as described I returned dimmers
to the supplier and switched supplier, stil the system failed.

Depending on how closely they are grouped did you consider using 60 or 100VA
ETs supplying the group, just a thought.

I also had electronic transformer failures .
rep[laced the electronic transformer suppliers to no advantage.

There are some particularly bad, and usually not cheap enough, ETs out
there, the ones with no one admitting to making them, no makers name.... and
very smudged looking approval `style` marks. If in doubt buy Blitish.

Have now dispensed with dimming.
Note 1
There are now small torroidal transformer for 1 lamp which are sized to
fit into the light aperture. a better solution I think

Been around a while but never a fan, there heavy in a weak ceiling....

Note 2
The electronic hash created by the electronic dimmers is sufficient to
block out all medium and long wave radio reception in the room (and most
of the house)

I`m an FM only or internet radio listener ;-)

Adam

--
ddwyer