Scorpio Chick

Default Best possible insulation for 2x4 walls?

"Alan Sung" wrote:

Where are you going to find a door to match this super-insulated wine room?

We plan on building a wine room that's very similar(dry basement,
cement floor, 10'x6') but without the double walls. We're insulating
the walls with either the spray foam (depending on cost) or the
highest R-value batts we can with a vapor barrier on the warm side,
and the ceiling with batts and a vapor barrier. We'll also keep a
humidifier in the room if it proves too dry (should be about 60%-70%
humidity). For a door we're using an insulated outside door with
weather stripping to prevent heat transfer. The wine room will be
nowhere near any heat ducts or vents. One thing we're doing
differently is putting in a laminate floor...there's a slightly
smaller chance of dropped items smashing, and it's more comfortable
and nicer to look at than bare concrete.

You don't say what your climate is like - if you get extreme
temperature or moisure fluctuations you may want to look into a
cooling unit or humidifier. We're in the Pacific northwest, so extreme
heat/cold or dryness isn't a major concern.

Some good links:

http://www.westside-group.com/buildwineroom.html
http://www.iulaw.indy.indiana.edu/in...WineCellar.htm
http://www.vintage-cellar.com/howto.asp