SS

Default electrical boxes for ceiling fans

In the house we are building we asked to put in wiring to support a
ceiling fan/light combo in some rooms. The builder said it would cost
us $50 per room. Fine but when I went to see the mud rings they have
fastened to joists they looked like any other mud ring in other palces
where we have not asked for a ceiling fan. All boxes do have a tiny
label which says "accepatable for ceiling fan light combo". I still
can't imaging these things fastened with two nails to the side of
joist can support such a heavy object. I guess I expected to see some
kind of heavy duty braces for the money they asked us.