Soup

Default Pulling cable through with existing one / Clipping cable in loft

Mike Hall wrote:
snip
2. In replacing the wiring to the light switches, I intend to use the
existing cable to pull through the new stuff, (it is in oval conduit).
Has anyone got any tips for how to mechanically connect the two
cables, obviously with the smallest possible cross section to enable
the joint to pass through the conduit. Is insulating tape generally
strong enough ??

Recently had the whole house rewired and the sparks semed to loop
and twist one end of the conductors of one wire.
, thread all the conductors of the other wire through the initial loops
twist the individual loops together, then cover the lot in insulating tape
they didn't use talc., baby oil or other lubricants.

Pic just in case my description is a bit garbled
http://www.cheesesoup.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/w.jpg

--
Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) ( )
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! / \