Dan O.

Default Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle

Kamal wrote

We have a GE dishwasher (GSD2200)

That is only *part* of the model number. You can find tips for
locating the model and serial number tag on your appliances at my web
site linked below.

We use it at least once daily if not more. Yesterday,
it just stopped working mid-cycle. There are 2
"containers" for dishwashing liquid. One has
dishwashing liquid for pre-wash while the other
container has a lid that opens mid-cycle for a
more complete wash. When the dishwasher
stopped, the second container (with the lid) had
just opened and I could even see the dishwashing
liquid still in the dishwasher. The water was
standing in the bottom of the appliance.

There was also a slight burning smell when the
dishwasher stopped or maybe it was the smell
of very hot water hitting some plastic containers
we had.

I doubt it.

Can anyone give me suggestions to see if the
dishwasher is fixable

I'm sure it is repairable but the power supply will have to be traced
from where it enters the dishwasher to where it stops, which will
likely be the culprit. The simplest possible fault may be the door
latch switch inside the door. Anything else would have to be ruled out
systematically.

Maybe a repair manual would help you to isolate other possible causes?
You can find one available for G.E. built dishwashers at the following
link:

http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=2368

Dan O.
-