Dave Plowman

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

In article ,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
But so what? The likelihood is that it will rarely if ever go into
deep discharge! Most power outages last only a short time (an hour
or two), which the car battery can easily hold out for.

Try telling that to the last few people to be reconnected 48hrs after
any major storm... I expect there will be a few down south on tues/wed
without power after Mondays storm (if it happens, something will but
how big?)

Yes, but I live in Central London. If I lived where you do, I'd probably
have a full blown standby diesel genny by now - you've presumably not got
a space or noise with neighbours problem?

Large non portable gennies can be very cheap - relatively - second hand.
It's the 3 ish kW ones which cost a fortune.

--
*Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn