Set Square

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"Set Square" writes:
Ah, now that's interesting! The little plug in volt/amp/watt meter
which I have bought also displays phase angle as cos-phi (can't do
Greek symbols in plain text!). What use should I make of this
information when determining genny load?

Generators (and UPS's) normally care about the VA of the load.
So for practical purposes, simply measure the current drawn by
the appliances and ignore the phase angle and power.

Thanks. That's what I suspected. [Sorry didn't read your post until I had
posted another question along these lines].
--
Cheers,
Set Square