Michelle in WA state

Default Strange recycling people

Okay, I know I shouldn't, but...

All I'm saying is we are mandated to pay for recycling here

In other words, you have to pay for it whether you use it or not. Okay.
With you so far.

so I think the collector is entitled to it since in essence, I paid for the service.

Y'know, this sentence might make some small amount of sense if it said, for
instance, "so I think the collector is OBLIGATED to haul it away, since in
essence, I paid for the service."

Normally, people use the word "entitled" in reference to things that they
want (and which they fear may be withheld from them). On the other hand,
they use the words "obligated to" or "have to" when they're talking about
doing a job they've collected money for.

If someone offered to pay you for a job, but you only had to do half the
work you were getting paid for -- and no one was criticizing you for the
fact that someone else was doing the OTHER half for you without asking you
to share your pay -- would you complain and say that you felt "entitled" to
do the whole job? (Call me lazy, but *I* wouldn't! At least not unless
that part of the job was FUN... and I really don't believe emptying a 20-lb
recycling bin is any more FUN than emptying a 15-lb bin.)

Therefore the person that I paid should get the 'goods'

You're paying for someone to take away the "goods." Why on earth would you
care WHO takes them away, so long as they're all gone by the time they're
supposed to be gone?

If you want something to be annoyed about, try this one on for size: where
I live, we're also "mandated to pay for recycling collection." However,
because the area is too rural for them to bother sending a recycling truck,
there IS no collection here. So, yep, I pay for curbside recycling
collection, but there's none available to me; every couple of weeks I load
up the recycling in the back of my truck and drive it to the recycling
center.

Lemme tell you, if someone wanted to pick up my recycling at curbside on a
regular schedule and save me an errand, I sure wouldn't care WHO it was or
how "strange" they were, so long as it got done.

-- Michelle

Please, Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die.