Vox Humana

Default Opinions needed on best steam cleaner

"The Data Rat" wrote in message
I also have a steam buggy that I bought on ebay that I like a lot. I use

it
for big jobs like when I am cleaning windows or a major bathroom deal. I
also have one that is hand held that I use for quickies, like a stain on

the
carpet or furniture. I use it to clean my fridge at least once a
month...couldn't imagine cleaning a fridge any other way. It is only

good
for 15 minutes at the most, but it does the job in that amount of time. I
don't find the window attachments good on either one...I still wipe glass
down with paper towels, but the pressure from both of them will blast off
little fly spots or soap scum in a second.

I have a Eureka Evnirosteamer that I use on all my hard flooring (tile,
vinyl, and laminate.) It was inexpensive and does a good job but is a single
task steam mop only. You do have to use a broom and/or Swiffer before using
the steamer as it doesn't pick up particulate. It leaves the floor a little
wet, but dries in about 5 minutes. I also have a small hand-held steamer.
It is OK, but runs out of steam (literally) too fast. The window attachment
is useless but it is great for getting into crevasses that are otherwise
impossible to clean. It works fine on the refrigerator, stove, and sink.
If I were in the market for another steamer, I would get one with a larger
reservoir that you could fill "on the fly" rather than having to let it
cool. The one advertised on HSN (Europro I believe) looks better than what
I have. Once you move beyond the $200 range, you start to see much higher
steam temperatures which presumably do a better job and leave surfaces
dryer. Unfortunately, you start to see very hefty prices.