Michael Burr

Default Lamp killing circuit breakers?

PhotoMan wrote:
Good reply Steve! I'll further add that some of the better-stocked hardware
stores carry a line of lamp repair kits and parts, including adapters and so
forth. It would be good if Michael made a complete job of it, including
rewiring the old lamp from the plug to the socket.
Joe Arnold

I took that evil lamp completly apart this morning and found a
frayed spot on the neutral wire way up in the head part of the
lamp. It wasn't all the way thru that I could tell, but it was
pressed up against the metal frame of the lame and must have
been leaking just enough return current to trip the GFIs.

It's all better now - thanks for the feedback everybody, I
really spaced out the GFI outlets when originally considering
the problem.

Michael