Stormin Mormonn

Default A/C & Heater Replacement??

If you want to reduce your electric bill

1) Clean the coils, or have them cleaned. Condensor coils for outdoor unit,
and evaporator coils for indoor air handler.
2) Use a rotary compressor instead of a recip
3) Shade trees, white curtains, attic fans, and all that good stuff to
reduce heat load.
4) Shade for outdoor unit
5) Have unit serviced each year
6) Remit 48.50 for advice, please.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

"Steve Scott" wrote in message

Please keep in mind the furnace is also being used as the air handler
for the AC. I'm thinking the AC may be used a fair amount in a place
like Louisiana. Any chance a newer furnace could reduce the electric
bill?

On 28 Nov 2003 08:12:30 -0800, (Childfree
Scott) wrote:

I would think that a 19 year old furnace in someplace like Louisiania,
where presumably it doesn't get used all that much, would be OK. Now
if it happens to be a rather inefficient model, 19 years old, and
having problems, then maybe I'd be thinking about replacing it.

--
If only you could get that wonderful
feeling of accomplishment without