Dave Plowman

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

In article ,
Set Square wrote:
Perhaps I should have made it clear that I wouldn't run the microwave at
the *same time* as everything else. I would at least turn the freezers
off for the relatively short time needed to operate the microwave.

I'm not quite sure why you'd want a microwave to work as part of an
emergency installation. Fine if you're providing a *proper* standby
generating facility, but few would - unless they live somewhere subject to
frequent cuts. Surely some form of calor gas cooking would be easier for
emergency use - assuming you don't have mains gas and can't just use a
hob.

--
*Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn