Doug Miller

Default How best to manage house keys?

In article m, "Editor www.nutritionsoftware.org" nseditor2002 wrote:
I have a whole bunch of keys that I carry. Some of them are infrequently
used, but obviously needed. Unfortunately, I can't remember what they are
for.

If you can't remember what they're for, and have not yet found something
locked that you needed unlocked -- it's pretty obvious that these keys are NOT
needed, at least not so badly needed that you must carry them around with you
all the time.

How do you suggest to keep track of these keys. I am thinking of scanning in
the keys and note what they are for (when possible) and store these images
on my PC.

Seems like a lot of work for little benefit.

Are there better and more convenient ways to do this?

Carry only the keys that you use regularly: car keys, and the keys that unlock
your house and your office. Everything else can go on separate key rings that
you store in a desk drawer, or on hooks on the wall. Get a key fob that has a
place to write down what the keys are for, and when you figure it out, write
it down.