Bill Seurer

Default Rescind public easement, is it possible???????

ameijers wrote:

Housekeeping
changes like this are usually written up by the property owner or their
lawyer in conjunction with whoever keeps the plat books, and rubber-stamped
by whatever elected or appointed board has the legal authority.

In this case the developer ought to be the one to do it. They had the
land re-platted and should have done it in the first place.

If I were the OP I'd be really interested in the property but tell the
developer no deal unless the easement situation is cleared up. If you
know any of the other people looking at the properties get them to do
the same. We had a sort of similar situation in our development and
several of the people looking at lots got together and played hard ball
with the developer until they straightened things out.