Larry C.

Default Rescind public easement, is it possible???????

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:36:49 -0700, wrote:

Hi,

We want to buy a 20 acre lot in AZ which was recently redefined from 2
adjoining 40 acre lots with an easement that was dedicated as public
access by the original developers back in 1982.

There are only two roads one on the Western boundary and the other on
the Southern and that is probably why the new developer has redefined
it to provide access to all four 20-acre lots from the existing road.

The problem as I see it is this developer has not done anything about
recording the removal of the easement and at some time in the future
someone could say "I want to use the public easement." and we will
have traffic driving between our house and the clothes line!

[additional details snipped]

You need to retain the services of a real estate attorney. Do this before
you sign anything.