Dave Plowman

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

In article ,
PoP wrote:
The next thing is whether to fit a battery charger to the system.

Might be a lot cheaper and easier to use a UPS rather than a genny.
That way you've got battery backed up CH 24x7 and never need to worry
about switching over.

If I add a 'permanent' charger then effectively I've got an UPS. With a
capacity of approx 0.5 kwh. I don't know what you'd expect to pay for one
ready made, but my costs are *well* under 50 quid so far, given that most
of the bits are either secondhand or new via Ebay.

--
*Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn