Dave Plowman

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

In article ,
Set Square wrote:
Dave - I was very interested in your solution. Does your inverter
produce a sine wave or a square wave output? If the latter, do your
boiler electronics seem happy with it? Have you done anything to
eliminate spikes? How is the CH supply earthed when powered by the
inverter?

It's basically a Vellerman kit from the likes of Maplin with a few mods.
It produces a near perfect 50 Hz sine wave when feeding my CH. It would be
an expensive solution (perhaps) if bought direct from Maplin as I estimate
the parts cost at about 70 quid if bought retail - high for a 160 watt (or
320 from 24 volt) invertor. However, I bought all the bits from Ebay -
although it took several months to gather them all together. I intend it
for other use than just a CH back up, though.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn