Elaine

Default Advice to supplement my attorney trip today

In article , user wrote:
That was then, this is now. I know several people who have
tried to close in the past couple of months, and they're all missing their
dates. Banks are still tremendously overwhelmed with refi's, etc.
Everyone is exceeding their rate lock-in periods, etc. I know one
person who was told flat-out by a mortgage officer that his
mortgage application was being shelved, because it would take too long to process
before his close date expired.

It depends on what bank you use and how complex the loan is.
We're doing a conventional 20% down mortgage and the bank was
ready to close w/in 3 weeks, and we hadn't even had a pre-approval
when we made the offer. Of course, we're still going to blow
the rate-lock period because the seller can't get the house
ready for closing in time, but that has nothing to with getting
financing.

Elaine