Mary Fisher

Default Our own Dave Plowman vs Eddie Mayer

"mike ring" wrote in message
52.50...
"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:btomrd$9ogtj$1@ID-
182904.news.uni-berlin.de:

Can't stand radio 4 any more, it's been dumbed down far too much for

far
too long.

It did go through that period but have you tried it recently?

Mary

Pretty well every morning, it's one of those I cycle through to escape

dumbness

I don't think it's dumb.

political correctness

No more than anywhere else.

the ever more incomprehensible and invasive Scotch

Invasive yes, incomprehensible no.

snideness and sneers

You're talking about John Humphrys I guess, he's a pain.

overproduced and repetitive adverts (sorry, trails)

I agree 100%

yet more identical news bulletins containing speculation and

interpretation
but no facts

You get that on all stations I should think.

knee-jerk anti American and Israel -ism

Haven't noticed that.

etc etc

Adn Especially Libby wossnames "lively conversations with interesting
luvvies" on Wednesday mornings - surely the ASA or Trades Descriptions
should prosecute

Libby Purves. I remember her when she was seventeen and wrote for Punch.

But yes, her prog's on when I do noisy tasks. Not only luvvy but she always
has some boating guest. When it was Des Pawson, the fascinating knot chap,
he had about two minutes right at the end.

I suspect you listen to more than you claim if you've formed an opinion on
all those matters. But in any case, they're only a very small part of the
output and there are some excellent programmes.

Mary