calberto

Default Satin finish Fridge & Stainless Steel Appliances OK?

Hi everyone, my wife and I are completely remodeling our kitchen in
our Keys Vacation Home. We have two kids, 2 & 3 years old. We like
the look of stainless steel but not the fingerprint marks. So we've
been shopping for alternatives. Kitchenaid, Whirlpool Gold, Kenmore,
and Samsung all make "Satin finished" refrigerators with black plastic
handles which they claim give you the look and feel for Stainless
Steel but no fingerprint marks. Here's my problem, they don't make
dishwashers OR the oven of this material also. The Satin finish is
not shiny and more gray looking. THe Stainless steel is more shiny
and silver. Will it look weird to have a Satin fridge with other
appliances in Stainless?

One sales person said they did not like it, I should get EVERYTHING
stainless, besides, they claim it's much better quality. This was the
KitchenAid rep. Then the lady at Sears said it was no big deal. The
Satin looks fine with the Stainless steel.

Another option would be to put the fridge in Satin and the appliances
in black. However, my tile is Mexican Saltillo (orangy), the wood
cabines are very light almost ivory, and the countertop is Gallo
Veneziano granite, so I'm not too sure how the black other appliances
would look. My preference is to have the entire thing stainless steel,
but I just don't want to be a slave to my refrigerator.

Have any of you ever combines the Satin with the stainless? Does it
look OK?

Also, any preferences over KitchenAid, Whirlpool Gold, Kenmore, and
Samsung?

Thanks for your help!

Carlos