Set Square

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

Toby wrote:

Just what sort of power would be need to keep the CH
going for a couple of hours? I would assume it's less than 100w flat
out.

Measurements on my system suggest about 120 watts - pump 70, boiler 40 and
3-port valve actuator 10. With a 100% efficient inverter, you'd need 10 amps
at 12v to support this. A (say) 70 amp-hour leisure battery should keep you
going for (maybe) 5 hours continuous. In reality, the boiler and pump will
keep going on and off on their stats - so the battery will last longer than
this.
--
Cheers,
Set Square