Default New home and one room is much warmer than the other rooms. What to do?

On 4 Sep 2003 11:04:27 -0700, someone wrote:

... most of the rooms in the house are
between 76-79 degrees with the exception of one room which is usually
80-83 degrees.

There should be some provision to balance the ductwork to some degree.
Is the room in question at the end of a long run, or just not enough
registers ("vents" to you). You may be able to reduce the flow to all
the other rooms so as to make (relatively) more flow to this room,
etc.

... He also
commented something about my home not having an energy efficient
design. Is this my problem? The builder and his a/c company --they did
the initial design--should have figured that out from the beginning.

"Efficiency" and balance are TOTALLY different things. You bought the
house, so it its degree of efficiency *IS* your problem, so long as it
meets minimum codes which it is 99% likely it does as they are, well,
minumal. If you wanted a higher degree of energy efficiency you
should have specified this and/or had the design evaluated for this.
You may not have liked a more efficient design - the number, size &
placement of windows, rooms, etc. Evidently that was not a concern
to you before, so its is way way to late to demand any different now.

The Ac guy I think noticed that I was getting annoyed and said they
they would study the vent design to see if something could be done. He
said something about routing a vent directly into this room.
I'm pretty frustrated and need to know what to ask for....

Wow, another duct, that sure seems like it would help, and is more
than I expected them to offer you. What are you so frustrated about?
Sounds like they are doing what needs to be done.

-v.