Joseph Meehan

Default Very Distant TV stations and Antennas

a.t. wrote:
I was wondering if it would be possible to get an antenna that would
pick up a network station in a town about 140 miles from the
transmitter. This is also in a mountainous area of Virginia. The rest
of the channels would be arriving from a town about 50 miles to the
north. I am trying to set up an antenna to get the networks and not
have to get cable. Would it even be remotely possible to recieve such
a signal? Thanks in advnace.

-at

140 miles is a long way, but if the local conditions are correct and if
the station is powerful enough and if the frequency is right (UHF tends not
to carry so far) then it might. Ask around locally and see if anyone else
can get that station. I might add that an antenna tuned to just that
station and designed for weak signals would be your best chance.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math