ComboverFish

Default Delta method good enough to fail entire A/C system?

Thank you very much for your inputs. Especially {David} about your
electric bill experience (that could point to my system being
inefficient) and {Dana} about delta value.

I wonder how cold an evaporator can actually get in a properly sized,
properly running home system? I thought 58 deg. was pretty good. I
am an auto mechanic; car systems are different enough that my
experience seems useless here -- Car evaps get down to just above
freezing and are positioned about 4 feet from the driver, though.

But if it turns out I'm paying way too much in electric that's all I
need to know. Then the system is running too long or simply
inefficient. I'll check with the neighbors and see what they're
paying....

Thanks,
Tony