dadiOH

Default Best reflective surface for skylight shaft?

wrote:
dadiOH wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:

I have a skylight shaft that I've like to maximize the light
coming down...

Remember the foil reflecting material used over car dashes? Use
that or similar for max reflectance. However, max reflectance may
not give you the max output at the bottom because they are so
directional.

Not according to the usual lightwell calculations.

Think of a mirror...you have to angle it around to reflect the
source light where you want it to go. For your purpose, a non
specular (not glossy) white or aluminum paint would probably be
best due to the usual shape of a skylight shaft.

I doubt that. Can you find a specific example that makes your claim
true?

Can you line a skylight chase with mirrors (or even specular reflectors) so
they reflect the skylight opening to the ceiling opening? Didn't think so.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
Get it at