Don Wiss

Default Best reflective surface for skylight shaft?

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:44:05 GMT, Michael Daly wrote:

On 31-Jul-2004, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Depending on the
particular pain and gloss, it is maybe 75 to 80% efficient. I don't have
the specs on a mirror, but I'd guess it to be over 90%.

Paints can be up to 90% reflective. These are high-quality titanium oxide
based paints, of course. There are other oxides as well, but the Ti stuff
is probably easier to find.

What is the paint they use when they paint flat roofs? Mine was just
painted silver, and checking out the job just now I find it very
reflective. Certainly paint would be the easiest. Are these titanium oxide
paints readily available in my local hardware store?

Don donwiss at panix.com.