ComboverFish

Default Delta method good enough to fail entire A/C system?

Thanks for your quick replies, guys. I know that I don't have to
repair the system. I know that the buyer is going to request doing so
for bargaining reasons, esp. since the house is in otherwise great
condition.

I actually hoped I could get a concensus on if my originally posted
Delta theory is wrong or right so I could be armed with some
experienced information. If I find out I'm right then I will be less
likely to budge on price 'just to get the deal done'. If I'm wrong it
would be nice to know also cause I hate the taste of crow!!!

To summarize my standpoint as a homeowner, I feel that $100 to $135 a
month for my electric bill is not out-of-line for the hottest three
months in St Louis with poor house insulation, many single pane
windows, and 1800 sq ft of space (half of it in the basement,
ofcourse) to cool. The elec. bill is about $25 - $50 the rest of the
season. Add to this that I feel the house gets comfortable and dry
and I have approx. 65 degree duct temp upstairs on hot days...

So, is everyone else paying less a month for electric? Is everyone
else getting 50 degree duct temps? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Delta temp
should always be 15 - 20 degrees no matter what temp it is outside.

Please jump in if you have an opinion! Thanks, Tony.

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote:
Why are you so worried? You fixed everything the city required.

That's
different from the things the prospective buyers would LIKE you to

fix for
some unknown deal where they've yet to tell you what they would LIKE

to pay.

A simple "My asking price already takes that (the appearance and

performance
of the unit) into consideration. You want a new unit? It'll raise the

price.
Lets deal."

Or walk away.

"Wayne" wrote in message news:%6COc.188313$IQ4.136795@attbi_s02...
You "FIXED" the system the AC guy listed his finding so the work has been
done and should not be a problem move on!

If they want it replaced or something tell them no and that is it!

Wayne