David Harper

Default Drill Press Table Lift

Ron

Do a search at Shop Notes and Wood Magazine.

I remember that one of them had a set up that used a cable , a pulley system
and a can of sand , to aid in lifting a drill press table. I dodn remember
when it was.

I hope that points you in the right direction to find what you need.

"RonB" wrote in message
(also posted in abpw, rw)

Has anyone see a source for retrofit table lifts for drill presses? I am
gathering parts to add a larger table, with fence system, to my vintage
Craftsman 17" floor model. The table is kind of heavy now and my addition
is going to make it more difficult to lift and drop. I'm just looking for
the a plain old rack and pinion lift, or similar - nothing fancy.

If no sources, any other ideas?