Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default cordless drills - Panasonic or Makita NIMH

Phisherman wrote:
I'd probably go for the Panasonic. I have held off replacing my Ryobi
cordless drill. If Panasonic put two bubble levels and bit storage on
the drill, I'd buy it. Makita, Panasonic, Porter Cable, and Milwaukee
cordless drills are all high quality. It is amazing how quickly
cordless drills have changed, compared to other tools.

I just bought a Milwaukee 18V hammer drill to replace my Dewalt 14V
drill/driver. Both of the batteries started getting weak on the Dewalt and I
initially looked at replacing them... until I priced new ones. Then I thought
this would be the perfect time and excuse to upgrade.

The 18V Milwaukee isn't that much heavier than the 14V Dewalt, but I think it'd
snap my wrist before it ran out of torque. This should be worth considering...

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com