Old Nick

Default Machinist hit with patent lawsuit

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 12:07:50 GMT, Ecnerwal
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I have always thought that it was not a lovely concept, although a
nice one, and apparently well-meant. I also have a few ideas, that
have come up, but even from years ago, it is so hard and expensive to
patent something, and apprently so easy to lose the value of that
patent, tat it's just not worth it.

But what is the alternative? The State foots the lawyer bill? Rather
than civil suits, the challenge is investigated by statutory
authority, as the patent was?

I've sat on several apparently patentable ideas becasue there was no way
for me to actually make any money with them without having a lot of
money to patent them and then defend them.

It's a lovely concept, but the execution, at present, stinks.

It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it
rammed down our throats.