JD

Default water heater temperature dial

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have a 40 gallon tank that seems to run out of hot water
intermittantly. When I go to check it, all I have to do is turn the
temperature dial a hair to the right (and then I turn it back) and the
heater kicks on instantly giving us hot water again in about an hour
or so. I'm baffled. Any suggestions.

Thanks much,

Mark

Uh, yeah... When you adjust it, you're telling the unit to make the water
hotter so it goes to work.

If you're constantly running out of how water you can do one of three
things:

Get a larger heater (or at least a new one with a better recovery rate)
Turn up the thermostat (but beware of scalding)
Take shorter showers