Default tiny white powdery rocks coming out of hot water taps...

"TKM" wrote in message ...

Hmmm. Your new information changes things. If the problem is a
deteriorated dip tube, the bits will be somewhat soft. The chips that I
found in my faucet screens mushed into a white, somewhat pasty, mass.

Since it's a relatively new tank, I wonder if some kind of cleaner or other
material could have been left in the tank during manufacture. Maybe it's
time find out what that stuff is. Take some to a local lab or even to the
local chemistry teacher and run a few basic tests. You probably don't
drink the water from the hot water tap, but there's always the chance of a
harmful chemical.

TKM

yes - i'm inclined to believe it's hard water deposits in the
pipes/heater.

slowly, VERY slowly, it has reduced in quantity.

i can now run the hot water tap on the bathtub for about 4 minutes
before it slows a little - the first month, it was about 4 SECONDS!

something happened in between when the water was turned on and i moved
in, and i'm probably seeing the results of that mystery event.

i have a friend who has access to a lab and might ask him to check out
the powder, but for now i'm just going to live with it.