default

Default Removing Mold - Need Help!

I ordered a mold test, which is basically a petrie dish that you tape
to a air conditioning vent for 10 minutes with the fan on high, then
put in a cool dark place to let it incubate. After letting it incubate
for a week, it seems to be growing spores. The instructions say if you
see growth, you have mold. I have the option of sending the test to
their lab, to get more information on the type of mold.

Wait.. you did the mold test BEFORE removing the carpet
and padding? What the hell for, if you can smell the mold
already? Take the carpet and padding out, clean the floor
with something appropriate, dry it, air out the house, and
THEN test for mold. Then do a reality check by testing
YOUR house, and see which is worse...