dino

Default Overhead 2car garage door winding???

Thank you guys for your kindly advices.
Yesterday, I have had succesfully replaced torsion springs all by myself for
first time. It wasn't so hard like I thought it would be.
I guess, nothing went wrong to give me enough trouble to take my hands off
and call someone professional to do this job.
I wound 8 times, then I tried to balance door, then I wound 1/2 turn more,
so the door balance little bit better now.
Tried to open and close many times, they work just fine. Even better than
the old ones.
Much easier is to lift door and put them down. Doesn't make so many noises
like before.
Those torsion spring even they are 2" longer, it seams to me to don't make
any diferences and problems so far. I hope they will not make trouble in
future.
If I put more weight when I insulate those doors ( I am thinking to put
stiroform on it), should I paint before with new coat of white color or
not??
They are wood with glass.
Went to that page from truetex and I was following his advice. Great source
for DIY-ers.
Thanks one more time for helping me out.
If someone of you guys need some computer & network help, let me know. Will
be more than glad to help you out.

Very sincerely,

Dino
D-Tech Service
http://www.d-tech.d2g.com

"dino" wrote in message
r.com...
Hello DIY-ers,

I have brocken torsion spring (one of two) on my 2 car garage door,

16"x7",
wood with glass panells.
I have had bought replacement pair of torsion springs. They sent me 2"
longer what I ordered. Is this going to be the problem??
Actually I have question about how many times should I wind torsion

springs
to be like before??? I didn't count how many times those springs was

winded
before.
Does anyone know how many times should I wind those springs?? Is this

going
to make me big trouble because they are 2" longer that those old ones???
If I put in next few months more weight onto garage door (if I put
insulation, do I need to wind again those torsion springs and how many
times)???

Please send me an email to or post to this board.

Thanks in advance.

Very sincerely,

Dino K