Claudia

Default Intermittent Water Heater Leaks

already thought of that one - and the water on the floor was not from the
relief valve, but was still on the floor, assuming overflow from the stand.

that is what is making me crazy - thanks to all of youse guys, I have become
pretty darn good at trouble shooting home repairs.

__________________________
Totus Tuus
Claudia
OblSB ~ St. Andrews Abbey
www.valyermo.com
"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
Claudia wrote:

have 14 yr old gas WH. at different times throughout the day/week,

there is
water on the platform below the heater and on the floor. NOT all the

time.
So the home warranty company says "Too Bad, you'll have to wait till it
fails." the tech thinks I am crazy since "he" (age 22 +/-) has NEVER

seen a
WH do that. Am I crazy? What else should I be looking for? anyway to
predict WH failure - other than Murphy's law?

Put a bucket below the relief valve outlet/pipe to see if the
water is from there.

If the water *is* coming from the relief, very likely you need
a thermal expansion tank and the heater is not failing.
More info:
http://www.flexconind.com/html/wh-series_.html

Jim