HeatMan

Default Weil-Mclain Ultra Boiler? Any Good?

"HeatMan" wrote in message
ink.net...
Go to the Wall. http://forums.invision.net/index.cfm?CFApp=2 Use the
search function and put in 'Ultra'.

A lot of people seem to like the Ultra. When we took the tour, they were
saying 15-20 years is the expected life of the HX.

Just saw this post there.
http://forums.invision.net/Thread.cf..._ID=17603&mc=8

"MGallo3199" wrote in message
I have been looking to replace my 40yr old boiler. I like the looks of

the
Ultra boiler but I don't know if I trust the cast aluminum heat

exchanger.
good cast iron boiler you can get 40 to 50 years life out it but how

long
will
cast aluminum last? A good cast iron boiler you can get 85% efficiency

and
the
Ultra is like 93%. If the aluminum heat exchanger will only last 20yr

then
the
added 8% efficiency isn't worth it.

Mark