Yan Liu

Default My seller is a dual agent, and not a very good one

My house has been under a sale contract for over a month. My
realestate agent happened to be a "Dual Agent" in new jersey, because
the buyer also used him as the buyer's agent. The original close date
is already past, and apparently the buyer is having mortage problems.
The very annoying fact is that my "dual agent" did not inform me of
the buyer's mortgage delay until about a week before the closing date,
which means I have already went through the trouble of hiring a moving
company and completing the move. I was looking forward to be relieved
of my responsibility of this house (mortgage+taxes+insurance, etc) in
september, but now it seems that it won't happen.

My question is, could I ask for any kind of compensation from either
the buyer or my agent? I get the distinct impression that my agent
knew long ago that the transcation was going to be delayed but he
chose not to tell me until the last minute.

Thanks in advance,

Yan