Colbyt

Default Solution to sewer tree root problem?

"LB in StL" wrote in message
m...

snip
street would have to be torn up and repaired as part of fixing our line.
Also, the sewer main runs under the front yard of neighbors across the
street. And, yes you need permission from them before anything can be

done.

Been following this thread but had nothing to add until now.

Check your local codes. In my part of the world your responsibility ends at
the property line and the local government is responsible for providing you
an adequate sewer to that point. Sewer easements where your line cross
another property are a matter of public record. You do not need permission
to repair a line on an easement area. Planting things other than grass or
building on an easement are not permitted so your repair cost is legally
limited to the allowed things. As a good neighbor you may want to restore
as fully as possible.

--
Colbyt
Remove " stopspam." from the email address to reply via email