BraileTrail

Default Sealant around bath not setting!

Hi,

Having just moved in to a new house I was pleased to find :-) the
sealant round the bath leaking and that it had ruined the ceiling of the
downstairs toilet as well!

I removed the quarter round bit of plastic and what seemed like several
tubes of old sealant from around the bath and cleaned up the tiles and
bath edge pretty well (IMHO). I used a tube of white B&Q Waterproof
Shower, Bath and Kitchen Sealant. I could see that I was going to need
to apply more than I would like due to the size of the gap between the
bath and the walls, so I applied it in two layers allowing a few hours
for the first layer to set a bit before applying the second.

Now the part behind the taps has set perfectly, but the strip along the
side of the bath refuses to set! It is now 48 hours later and it is
still soft. Is this due to the amount of sealant I used (am I just being
impatient?) or could there be another problem? Both the end with the
taps and the side of the bath are on outside walls and the tiles have
been taken just below the level of the bath and the bath put in with a
larger gap between the side than the end with the taps.

Thanks,
BraileTrail