Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Default non-lender fee surprises at closing?

Mike Ekholm wrote:

On my closing, I was able to get the HUD-1 (as well as all the other
papers from the lender for review) ahead of time. When I got the HUD-1, it
did not at that time include any of the sellers numbers. It would at least
give you a chance to review most of the numbers.

I really irritated the closer on my last refinance by insisting that she fax all
60 pages of the closing paperwork to me at least 24 hours in advance, including
the final HUD-1. (Email would have been fine, but she couldn't PDF some of the
paperwork for some reason.) She couldn't understand why I cared.

The next day the closing took all of 12 minutes. She still didn't make the
connection when she said "That's the fastest closing I've ever done."