Mike Ekholm

Default non-lender fee surprises at closing?

On 21 Aug 2003 19:10:06 GMT, RPC just had to say:

: As I said, I really should get a new lawyer, but it is late in the game.

: The HUD-1 could still arrive tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.

One thing you could ask is if the title company could provide you with
the incomplete HUD-1 statment.

On my closing, I was able to get the HUD-1 (as well as all the other
papers from the lender for review) ahead of time. When I got the HUD-1, it
did not at that time include any of the sellers numbers. It would at least
give you a chance to review most of the numbers.

The other option is to spend 4 hours at closing reading everything.
Remember that you are bound to all the statments you need to sign, so it
is best to read everything before you sign, even tho you will be rushed by
the title company and the seller.

-Mike Ekholm
--
Mike Ekholm, UNIX Sys Admin -