PoP

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:08:04 -0000, "Frisket"
wrote:

Tradex in Huddersfield had small gennies for sale last weekend for under
£100 - thought about getting one for the garden shed 'cos the thought of
digging out for the mains supply didn't appeal at all and I'd not be using
it for anything big.

I noticed on the Screwfix home page that they were doing a small genny
too.

You'll have to bear in mind that these small generators provide
typically about 600 watts of useful power. So with a couple of light
bulbs and an average electric drill you are hitting the limits.

And an electric kettle to give a cuppa is out of the question.

I view my small genny as being able to power my CH system and not much
else if the supply company hit difficulties - I'd have to jury-rig the
genny into the CH system so this is very much on the "ideas" charter
rather than a genny sitting waiting to power up. I'm old enough to
remember the electricity strikes of the 70's, and I don't want to go
thru that again if I can help it.

PoP

If you really must use the email address provided
with my newsreader please be aware that the email
is processed with spamcop. As a result your email
to me might be treated as spam!